Postgraduate taught funding for international (including EU) students
We offer scholarships, bursaries and other funding to help you with tuition fees and living expenses.
Opportunities for 2023/24 entry will continue to be updated, so please check this page throughout the year.
These opportunities are open to students who pay tuition fees at the overseas rate. If you're unsure whether you're classed as a UK or international student for fee purposes, check your fee status.
If you're already studying a degree at another university, you can apply to spend time at York as a visiting student. Find out about tuition fees for visiting students.
Funding for students with disabilities
If you have a mental health problem, long-term illness or any other disability, you may be eligible for additional financial support.
Opportunities for 2023/24 entry
We'll continue to add new and returning opportunities once confirmed throughout the year.
Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue a one-year Masters degree in the UK. Chevening looks for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
We're offering eight scholarships for students from China, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Turkey in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign.
We award many international scholarships per year, recognising achievement by applying a tuition fee discount.
If you've previously studied at the University of York, you could be eligible for a tuition fee discount for postgraduate taught courses.
Many of our departments and centres offer additional opportunities and specialised guidance on funding your studies.
- Centre for Eighteenth Century Studies
- Centre for Health Economics
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Modern Studies
- Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics and Related Studies
- Department of Education
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of Environment and Geography
- Department of Health Sciences
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Politics
- Department of Sociology
- Hull York Medical School
- Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre
- School of Arts & Creative Technology
- School of Business & Society
- School of Physics, Engineering & Technology
- York Law School
Other schemes and resources
External opportunities are not vetted or endorsed by the University.