Postgraduate taught funding for international (including EU) students
We offer scholarships, bursaries and other funding to help you with tuition fees and living expenses.
Funding opportunities open and close all the time, so please check this page throughout the year.
These opportunities are open to students who pay tuition fees at the overseas rate. If you're unsure whether you're classed as a UK or international student for fee purposes, check your fee status.
Funding for students with disabilities
If you have a mental health problem, long-term illness or any other disability, you may be eligible for additional financial support.
The following opportunities are currently open for applications.
Our International Regional Scholarship is here to support undergraduate and postgraduate students from disadvantaged countries to help them excel.
The University of York is a host university for the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. Various opportunities are available throughout the year. The majority of awards are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
If you've previously studied at the University of York, you could be eligible for a tuition fee discount for postgraduate taught courses.
We regularly offer scholarships to students from a selection of countries in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign.
The Tan Kah Kee Scholarship offers postgraduate scholarships for Singapore citizens and permanent residents pursuing full-time PhD or Masters degrees.
The John Monash Scholarship provides yearly funding to outstanding postgraduate taught and research students from Australia.
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Modern Studies
- Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Politics and International Relations
- Department of Sociology
- Hull York Medical School
- School of Arts and Creative Technology
- School of Business and Society
- School of Physics, Engineering and Technology
Other schemes and resources
- Prodigy Finance (prodigyfinance.com) Tuition fee loans available to most international students, subject to eligibility. Lending for over 60 approved Masters degrees at York. Lending levels based on predictive post-degree salary indicators (no guarantor or co-signer required) Prodigy Finance fully responsible for lending decisions. Rolling application, no deadline.
External opportunities are not vetted or endorsed by the University.
- British Council (study-uk.britishcouncil.org)
- Commonwealth Scholarships (cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk)
- Marshall Scholarships (marshallscholarship.org)
- Open Society Foundations (opensocietyfoundations.org)
- Snowdon Masters Scholarship (snowdontrust.org) Up to £30,000 of financial support for disabled students through masters programmes.
- University Scholarship Search (foreignstudents.com)
- USA Direct Loans for postgraduates
Many funding opportunities are renewed annually. Some of those listed below may reopen for applications later in the year.
- 60th Anniversary Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- Equal Access Scholarship (postgraduate)
- Marshall Scholarship
- ONAOSI Foundation Scholarship
- Saïd Foundation Scholarship
- Snowdon Masters Scholarship
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology Travel Awards