Taught Masters funding
These scholarships and studentships are available to postgraduate taught students in the School for Business and Society.
Your chosen course, level of study and other statuses may all affect your eligibility for the opportunities listed here.
If you've previously studied at the University of York, you could be eligible for a tuition fee discount for postgraduate taught courses.
Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue a one-year Masters degree in the UK. Chevening looks for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
We regularly offer scholarships to students from a selection of countries in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign.
The University of York is a host university for the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. Various opportunities are available throughout the year. The majority of awards are funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
The Saïd Foundation awards fully-funded scholarships to outstanding individuals from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine who are looking to study for a one-year Masters degree in the UK.
York Minster offers choral scholarships lasting 12 months or longer to altos, tenors and basses who are undergraduate or postgraduate students.
Previous funding opportunities
These opportunities are closed to applications. They may reopen in future years.
- Management School Masters International Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Maria Bourboulis Scholarship
- ONAOSI Foundation postgraduate scholarships
- Postgraduate 60th Anniversary scholarship
- Tom and Eileen House Scholarship
- Aziz Foundation scholarships
- Equal Access Scholarships for postgraduates
- Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust postgraduate bursaries
- Partnership Marshall Scholarships
- Snowdon Masters Scholarship
- St Wilfrid's Church Scholarship
- Yorkshire Bach Choir