Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue a one-year Masters degree in the UK. Chevening looks for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
We are a proud partner of Chevening, co-funding ten Chevening/York Partnership Awards available to candidates from all Chevening-eligible countries (chevening.org).
These particular awards are being offered in addition to the main Chevening Awards at York. The top ten successful candidates will be offered a partnership award, and all other successful candidates will receive a Chevening Award through the main programme.
Open to students from Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Congo, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Helena; Ascension; and Tristan da Cunha, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Somaliland, South Africa, South Caucasus, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To apply for this scholarship, you must have:
- a degree of a good standard, equivalent to a UK 2:1 honours degree
- at least two years' work experience (including voluntary work)
- a high standard of English language
- commitment to work in your home country for at least two years after completing your Masters degree
- met Chevening's full criteria, including country eligibility.
See the full terms and conditions.
Application deadline: Tuesday 2 November 2021, 11.59am GMT
Once you have applied to study with us, you can apply for the scholarship (chevening.org).
Chevening candidates could have applied for any Masters course at York.
However, we generously co-fund several awards available to all applicants. Preference for these awards will be given to candidates seeking to study in any of the following areas:
- Any eligible degree from the Department of Environment and Geography
- Any eligible degree from the Department of Biology
- Any eligible degree from the Department of Sociology
- Any eligible degree from the Centre for Applied Human Rights
- Any eligible degree from the Department of Social Policy and Social Work (excluding MA in Social Work and MA CASPPER)
- Any eligible degree from the Centre for Women’s Studies (excluding GEMMA: Erasmus Mundus MA in Women's & Gender Studies)
- Any eligible degree from the Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Any eligible degree in the Department of Health Sciences
- MSc Green Chemistry and Sustainable Industrial Technology
- MSc Economics and Public Policy
- MSc Development Economics and Emerging Markets
- MA Peace and Conflict Studies
- MA Contemporary History and International Politics
- MA Education and Social Justice
- MA Global Citizenship Education
- MSc Mental Health and Wellbeing in Education
- MA Medical History and Humanities
- MA Community Music
- MA Cultural Heritage Management
- MA Public History