We're making sure your travel to and around campus is as sustainable as possible:
- We encourage you to cycle where possible and bring a bike to campus
- We have over 5,000 cycle parking spaces, and dedicated cycle routes
- Our Intercampus travel guide (PDF , 208kb) gives you estimated cycle and walking times across campus
- The First York App lets you see how busy buses are and seat availability
- Our University of York Public Transport Guide (PDF , 8,061kb) shares useful information and a ticketing guide
Our main campus is in the south east of York within walking and cycling distance of, or a short bus ride from, the city centre.
Our address is: University of York, York, YO10 5DD. If you’re travelling to Campus East, use the postcode YO10 5GY and for King's Manor use YO1 7EP.
Parking is limited, so we suggest alternative transport where possible. Once you’re here, it's easy to get around campus by bus, bike and foot.
Cycling and walking
Campus is best travelled by foot or bike, with ample paths and cycle racks available next to all building entrances.Cycling and walking
Bus, rail and taxi
As well as a free bus across campus, there are great public transport links to and from York city centre.Public transport