Postgraduate taught funding for UK (home) students
We offer scholarships, bursaries and other funding to help you with tuition fees and living expenses.
Funding opportunities open and close all the time, so please check this page throughout the year.
These opportunities are open to students who pay tuition fees at the home rate. If you're unsure whether you're classed as a UK or international student for fee purposes, check your fee status.
The following opportunities are currently open for applications.
If you've previously studied at the University of York, you could be eligible for a tuition fee discount for postgraduate taught courses.
The Snowdon Trust Masters Scholarship has been designed to identify and accelerate exceptional disabled students through higher education, creating the influencers of the future.
We are delighted to be partnering with the Aziz Foundation to offer postgraduate scholarships to support British Muslims study at York.
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Modern Studies
- Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Politics and International Relations
- Department of Sociology
- Hull York Medical School
- School of Arts and Creative Technology
- School of Business and Society
- School of Physics, Engineering and Technology
Postgraduate Master's Loan
You may be entitled to a loan from the UK government to help fund your studies.
Disabled Students' Allowance
If you have a mental health problem, long-term illness or any other disability, you may be eligible for financial support.
Other schemes and resources
External opportunities are not vetted or endorsed by the University.
- FindAMasters scholarships (findamasters.com)
- Government funding for postgraduate study (gov.uk)
- MastersCompare Postgraduate Scholarship (masterscompare.co.uk)
- Postgraduate Studentships (postgraduatestudentships.co.uk)
- Prospects search (prospects.ac.uk)
- Scholarships Search (postgraduatesearch.com)
- UK Study Online Scholarship (ukstudyonline.com)
Many funding opportunities are renewed annually. Some of those listed below may reopen for applications later in the year.