Postgraduate taught funding for UK (home) students
We offer scholarships, bursaries and other funding to help you with tuition fees and living expenses.
Opportunities for 2022/23 entry will continue to be updated, so please check this page throughout the year.
UK Government loans
You may be entitled to a Masters loan to help fund your studies.
Funding for students with disabilities
If you have a mental health problem, long-term illness or any other disability, you may be eligible for additional financial support.
Opportunities for 2022/23 entry
We'll continue to add new and returning opportunities once confirmed throughout the year.
We are delighted to be partnering with the Aziz Foundation to offer postgraduate scholarships for exceptional students from British Muslim backgrounds.
Thanks to the generous support of alumnus Richard House, we can help ensure that the opportunity to study for a Masters degree is open to all.
If you've previously studied at the University of York, you could be eligible for a tuition fee discount for postgraduate taught courses.
Many of our departments and centres offer additional opportunities and specialised guidance on funding your studies.
- Centre for Eighteenth Century Studies
- Centre for Health Economics
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Modern Studies
- Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics and Related Studies
- Department of Education
- Department of Electronic Engineering
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of Environment and Geography
- Department of Health Sciences
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Politics
- Department of Social Policy and Social Work
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Hull York Medical School
- Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre
- University of York Management School
- York Law School
Other schemes and resources
External opportunities are not vetted or endorsed by the University.
- FindAMasters scholarships (findamasters.com)
- Government funding for postgraduate study (gov.uk)
- MastersCompare Postgraduate Scholarship (masterscompare.co.uk)
- Postgraduate Studentships (postgraduatestudentships.co.uk)
- Prospects search (prospects.ac.uk)
- Scholarships Search (postgraduatesearch.com)
- Spotcap Fintech Fellowship (spotcap.co.uk)
- UK Study Online Scholarship (ukstudyonline.com)
Opportunities from last year
We update many of our opportunities annually, so some of those listed below may soon become available again for applications.
There are no scholarships or funding opportunities to show here right now. You may still be able to find a funding option that you are eligible for on our undergraduate funding or postgraduate funding pages.