Postgraduate taught funding for UK (home) students
We offer scholarships, bursaries and other funding to help you with tuition fees and living expenses.
Opportunities for 2023/24 entry will continue to be updated, so please check this page throughout the year.
UK Government loans
You may be entitled to a Masters loan to help fund your studies.
Funding for students with disabilities
If you have a mental health problem, long-term illness or any other disability, you may be eligible for additional financial support.
Opportunities for 2023/24 entry
We update many of our opportunities annually, so some of those listed below may soon become available again for applications.
Thanks to the generous support of alumnus Richard House, we can help ensure that the opportunity to study for a Masters degree is open to all.
If you've previously studied at the University of York, you could be eligible for a tuition fee discount for postgraduate taught courses.
Many of our departments and centres offer additional opportunities and specialised guidance on funding your studies.
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Modern Studies
- Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Politics
- Department of Sociology
- Hull York Medical School
- School of Arts and Creative Technology
- School of Business and Society
- School of Physics, Engineering and Technology
Other schemes and resources
External opportunities are not vetted or endorsed by the University.
- FindAMasters scholarships (findamasters.com)
- Government funding for postgraduate study (gov.uk)
- MastersCompare Postgraduate Scholarship (masterscompare.co.uk)
- Postgraduate Studentships (postgraduatestudentships.co.uk)
- Prospects search (prospects.ac.uk)
- Scholarships Search (postgraduatesearch.com)
- Spotcap Fintech Fellowship (spotcap.co.uk)
- UK Study Online Scholarship (ukstudyonline.com)