Tom and Eileen House Scholarship
Thanks to the generous support of alumnus Richard House, we can help ensure that the opportunity to study for a Masters degree is open to all.
We offer four taught Masters scholarships:
- two worth £5,000 each
- two worth £1,000 each
To apply for this scholarship, you must start your studies in the 2023/24 academic year and be liable to pay fees at the 'Home' rate.
The scholarships will be paid as a stipend in two instalments over the academic year.
Open to UK (home) students only.
Open to all departments except Hull York Medical School.
The Tom and Eileen House Scholarship is open to students with a 'Home' fee status. If you're unsure whether you're classed as a UK or international student for fee purposes, check your fee status.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- hold an offer from York for any department for a full-time taught Masters course
- be living permanently in the UK.
To be eligible, you must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- have been in Local Authority Care or supported by the Foyer Federation
- have been in receipt of the Disabled Students’ Allowance
- have been in receipt of the Maximum Maintenance Loan, or Maximum Maintenance Grant or Special Support Grant
- identify as being a first generation student, or the first in your family to go to university (see University of York First Generation Student web page for more information)
- be from a Low Participation Neighbourhood on entry to undergraduate study
- be on a low income
Application deadline: Wednesday 31 May 2023, 5pm BST
Applications will open 9 January 2023 and will close at 5pm on 31 May 2023. We will let you know the outcome in July 2023.
You may be required to provide documentary evidence to support your application. This will be specified in the application form.
As part of the application, you need to provide a statement about how this award would make a difference to your future. It should be no longer than 300 words.
We recommend you prepare and save this statement before completing the online application.
If you have questions relating to any of our funding opportunities, please see the contact details on the specific scholarship or bursary page.