Tom and Eileen House Scholarship
Thanks to the generous support of alumnus Richard House, we can help ensure that the opportunity to study for a Masters degree is open to all.
We offer four taught Masters scholarships:
- two worth £5,000 each
- two worth £1,000 each
To apply for this scholarship you must start your studies in the 2021/22 academic year and be liable to pay fees at the UK (home) fee rate.
The scholarships will be paid as a stipend in two instalments over the academic year.
Open to UK (home) students only.
Open to all departments except Hull York Medical School.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- hold an offer from York for any department for a full-time taught Masters course
- be living permanently in the UK.
To be eligible you must also:
- have been in Local Authority Care or supported by the Foyer Federation
- have been in receipt of the Disabled Students’ Allowance
- have been in receipt of the Maximum Maintenance Loan, or Maximum Maintenance Grant or Special Support Grant
- have been the first in your family to attend higher education (not including siblings) on entry to undergraduate study
- be from a Low Participation Neighbourhood on entry to undergraduate study
- be on a low income.
Application deadline: Tuesday 1 June 2021, 11.59pm BST
We will let you know the outcome of your application in July 2021.
You may be required to provide documentary evidence to support your application. This will be specified in the application form.
It should be titled 'House evidence' and can be submitted by email, post or by hand to:
Student Financial Support
University of York
Incomplete applications or those submitted without suitable evidence will not be considered.
As part of the application you need to provide a statement about how this award would make a difference to your future. It should be no longer than 300 words.
We recommend you prepare and save this statement before completing the online application.