We're offering five scholarships for students from Ghana, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Turkey in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign.
The GREAT Britain campaign is an initiative to promote the UK as a great place to do business, study and visit. These scholarships offer assistance to students from Ghana, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Turkey intending to study in the UK in Autumn 2022.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2022, please visit:
- British Council - Ghana (britishcouncil.org.gh)
- British Council - Nigeria (britishcouncil.org.ng)
- British Council - Pakistan (britishcouncil.pk)
- British Council - Sri Lanka (britishcouncil.lk)
- British Council - Turkey (britishcouncil.org.tr)
Open to students from Ghana, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Turkey.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of Ghana, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Turkey
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study a one year postgraduate taught course at the University of York by 27 May 2022 (you don't need to have accepted the offer). Students from Ghana are eligible to apply if they have an offer to study one of the below courses:
- LLM Law
- LLM Art Law
- LLM International Corporate and Commercial Law
- LLM International Human Rights Law and Practice
- LLM Legal and Political Theory
- MA Applied Human Rights
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 27 May 2022)
- have met any language condition of your offer by 27 May 2022.
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored
- you are a current student of the University of York, having started your studies in a previous year
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance/online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA, CASPPER and Mundus MAPP
- Masters courses lasting longer than one year.
Application deadline: Friday 27 May 2022, 11.59pm BST
You must apply for this scholarship online. As part of the application, you will need to provide answers to questions about your course of study and your goals for the future.
We may request a document which confirms your nationality.
This is a competitive process, and only a small number of applicants per country will be successful.
A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
We aim to inform you of the outcome of your scholarship application by 15 June 2022.
Once offered a scholarship, you must:
- Accept the offer formally, following the link within your offer email
- Make York your firm choice
These actions must be completed by the deadline provided in your offer email. Otherwise, you will lose your scholarship, and it will be offered to a reserve candidate.
If you defer your place at the University of York, you cannot keep your scholarship, but you can reapply the following year.
GREAT scholarships may be combined with University of York departmental scholarships.
GREAT scholarships may be combined with external funding as long as this does not cover 100 per cent of your tuition fees.
Successful candidates will be required to represent the University of York and the British Council as an ambassador for the GREAT scheme.