We're offering three scholarships to students in China, Indonesia and Turkey in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign.
The GREAT Britain campaign is an initiative to promote the UK as a great place to do business, study and visit. These scholarships offer assistance to students from China, Indonesia and Turkey intending to study in the UK in Autumn 2020.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2020, please visit:
Open to students from China, Indonesia and Turkey.
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of China, Indonesia or Turkey
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study a postgraduate taught course at the University of York by 30 May 2020 (you don't need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 30 May 2020)
- Have met any language condition of your offer by 30 May 2020.
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 per cent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored.
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance/online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA, CASPPER and Mundus MAPP
Application deadline: Saturday 30 May 2020, 11.59pm BST
You must apply for this scholarship online. As part of the application, you will need to provide answers to three short questions about your course of study, your goals for the future and your financial situation.
We may request a document which confirms your nationality.
If you are eligible for an Academic Excellence scholarship we will consider your application for this award too.
This is a competitive process and only one applicant per country will be successful.
A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
We aim to inform you of the outcome of your scholarship application by early June.
Once offered a scholarship you must:
- Accept the offer formally, following the link within your offer email
- Make York your firm choice
These actions must be completed by the deadline provided in your offer email. Otherwise, you will lose your scholarship and it will be offered to a reserve candidate.
If you defer your place at the University of York you cannot keep your scholarship, but you can reapply the following year.
GREAT scholarships may not be combined with Academic Excellence scholarships.
GREAT scholarships may be combined with University of York departmental scholarships.
GREAT scholarships may be combined with external funding as long as this does not cover 100% of your tuition fees.
Successful candidates will be required to represent the University of York and the British Council as an ambassador for the GREAT scheme.