We'll help you to settle in and adapt to life studying and living in the UK. We offer dedicated support for international students and our support network is here to help you make the most of your experience at York.
Got a question about life in York as an international student?
As an international student, I feel really well supported. My department allocated me not only a personal supervisor but an international supervisor who I meet regularly to talk about how my academic and non-academic life are going.
Chloe (Hong Kong)
We'll help you adjust and settle in through a programme of orientation events and support including:
- Free airport collection from Manchester Airport
- A specialised Welcome Week programme to help you to settle in and make friends
- Immigration advice including guidance on how to apply for a Tier 4 student visa if you need one to study in the UK
- Support and advice from our International Student Support team
- Accredited English language courses provided by our Writing and Language Skills Centre before and during your degree
- The Maths Skills Centre, a free service for all students seeking general mathematics and statistics advice
- Dedicated facilities for you to practice your faith
- Lifelong Careers service
- A range of student-led societies so that you can try out new activities and meet like-minded people
- International Students Association (ISA) (facebook.com) - a student-led society specifically for international students
- International networking through the University of York Alumni Association.
Find out what you need to do before you get here and what will happen in your first few weeks. This includes information about visas, collecting your University Card, registering with a doctors, opening a bank account and much more...