We'll help you to settle in and adapt to life studying and living in the UK. We offer dedicated support for international students and our support network is here to help you make the most of your experience at York.
"As an international student I feel really well supported. My department allocated me not only a personal supervisor but an international supervisor who I meet regularly to talk about how academic and non-academic life are going.”
Chloe (Hong Kong)
Talk to a York student
Whether you're thinking about applying or you have already applied, talking to a current York student from your country is a great way to find out more about York.
We'll help you adjust and settle in through a programme of orientation events and support including:
- Free airport collection from Manchester Airport or the York Railway Station
- A specialised Welcome Week programme to help you to settle in and make friend
- An Immigration Advice Service provided by our Student Hub
- Support and advice from our International Student Support team
- Accredited English Language courses provided by our Centre for English Language Teaching (CELT) before and during your degree
- Dedicated facilities for you to practice your faith
- Lifelong Careers service
- A range of student-led societies so that you can try out new activities and meet like-minded people
- International Students Association (ISA) (facebook.com) - a student-led society specifically for international students
- International networking through the University of York Alumni Association.