Saïd Foundation Scholarship
The Saïd Foundation awards fully-funded scholarships to outstanding individuals from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine who are looking to study for a one-year Masters degree in the UK.
We are a proud partner of The Saïd Foundation, co-funding scholarships that aim to empower people through educational opportunities.
These scholarships are targeted towards individuals who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and drivers of change within Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine.
The scholarship includes tuition fees, full maintenance/living costs for the duration of your course, an arrival allowance, visa and healthcare surcharge fees and one economy return flight.
Open to students from Syria, Jordan and Lebanon and Palestine.
To apply for this scholarship a candidate must:
- hold Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese or Palestinian nationality and permanently reside in one of these countries. The Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in that country.
- hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to a UK 2:1 degree or higher. Candidates who are in the final year of their undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- have work and/or voluntary experience that is relevant to their field of study and a clear career path on completion of their studies and return to their home country or region
- demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field or sector
- have applied for an eligible course at a Foundation partner university (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying to a non-partner university)
- meet the Foundation's English language requirements. Some universities have higher requirements; candidates must meet the English language requirements of their chosen university too.
- upload all required documentation.
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- MSc Nursing (Mental Health) and MSc Nursing (Adult)
- MA in Public Policy: Governance and Development
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA and Mundus MAPP
Application deadline: Tuesday 31 October 2023, 5pm GMT
Please go to the Saïd Foundation website for more information and to apply online. Candidates will be asked to submit a number of supporting documents with their application, including educational transcripts/certificates, a CV and three recent references. Please read the guidance carefully before starting your application.
Please note the Saïd Foundation are responsible for reviewing and awarding the scholarships.
If you would like to study at York with a Saïd Foundation scholarship, you must have applied for a one-year Masters degree course at the University of York.
Applications in all subject areas are considered but candidates should demonstrate how their chosen course will help them to contribute towards the development of the region.