John Monash Scholarship
The John Monash Scholarship provides yearly funding to outstanding postgraduate taught and research students from Australia.
Between 10 to 20 talented and motivated individuals will receive $75,000 AUD for each year of study (maximum length of study is 3 years at a total of $225,000 AUD) and travel support to help with their postgraduate studies.
John Monash Scholars are further supported by the John Monash Foundation Leadership Academy which is designed to provide lifelong career support and ongoing professional development, to ensure Scholars are best equipped to respond to the most important challenges of our time.
The John Monash Scholarships are not limited by age, academic field of study or choice of overseas university.
Open to students from Australia only.
To apply for the John Monash Scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- have completed (or nearly completed) a degree with an Australian university
- be planning to undertake postgraduate study overseas commencing in the calendar year following the year of application
- be able to argue the merits of your chosen course, institution and how they are best positioned to drive progress in the chosen field of study.
Application deadline: Saturday 20 July 2024, 5pm BST
Please go to the John Monash Scholarship website for more information and to apply online.
If you are applying for this Scholarship in 2024, you must be planning to start your studies at York in 2025.
- First-round interviews are held in person and nationally from August to September.
- National interviews are held each October.
- In November each year, between 10 and 20 Scholarships are awarded.