Supporting students

Any University staff member who interacts with students, regardless of their role, may be called upon to offer help and advice.

You are not expected to know the answer to every question or provide counselling but you should be able to signpost the student to the appropriate support services.

The guidance here will help you direct students to the right specialist advice and support at the right time.

Academic progress issues

Disability, dyslexia or a long-term medical condition

Discrimination, victimisation or harassment

Financial problems or queries

Health matters

Immigration or visa enquiries

Mental health or psychological difficulties

Missing student protocol

Reporting student misconduct

Sexual violence disclosure

Students assumed to have left

Talking to family and friends

When a student has died