Our summer schools and short courses are for students from our partner universities worldwide. They provide an opportunity to sample life at a leading UK university, located in a beautiful, lively and cultured city.
We work with your university to provide courses that suit your requirements. Our courses include classroom study as well as trips to places of local and historical interest.
- Summer schools: typically two-week courses focussing on an academic discipline.
- Short courses: one to sixteen-week courses which run throughout the year focussing on areas such as communication and intercultural awareness, as well as other bespoke courses.
Benefits of our courses
All our courses can help you to strengthen your career prospects as they will help you to:
- Develop your academic, communication and language skills in English.
- Boost your confidence and enhance your transferable skills, such as working as a team in an international setting.
- Enhance your international outlook and intercultural awareness, and meet people from other countries among our diverse community of staff and students.
- Broaden your horizons and develop your way of thinking.
- York is recognised all over the world for our excellent teaching and research and you'll be taught by people who are leaders in their field. In the QS World University Rankings 2016, we have ten subjects in the world top 100, five of which are among the world top 50.
- You can take time out to explore our iconic and historic city, which is regularly voted as one of the best places to live and visit in the UK.
Make an enquiry
- If you're a student from a partner university, you'll need to contact your home university for details on how to apply.
- If you work for a partner university and you'd like to explore a partnership project in York for your students, please contact us with your requirements.