If you're already studying at another university, you can apply to spend time at York as a visiting student. You'll be fully integrated into academic and social life here on campus and in the city, during a period of full-time supervised study.
We welcome undergraduate and postgraduate visiting students from across the world. You can join us through programmes such as Erasmus, individual university partnerships, third party providers and country-specific government initiatives, or as an independent applicant.
You can study with us for one term (typically ten weeks), two terms, or even a full academic year. After you've successfully completed your studies we'll issue you with an academic transcript.
Why choose York?
- You'll be studying at a highly-rated UK university with an international reputation for teaching and research excellence.
- An academic supervisor will support you through your studies and you'll be studying alongside our full-degree students on the same degree modules.
- While you're with us you can take an accredited language course.
- We have a range of affordable on-campus accommodation.
- You'll be a member of one of our colleges, with access to a wide range of social activities.
- You'll also get to experience life in our beautiful city, regularly voted one of the best cities to live in and visit in the UK. It's also a great base from which to explore beautiful countryside and other major UK cities.
Your steps to joining us
Find out about entry requirements and what you can study.Choose a course
Read our step-by-step guide on applying to York.Start your application
Discover what will happen after you accept your place.Your next steps
Hear what our students have to say about life at York.Explore student life
"York is safe and quiet enough to concentrate on your work, but big enough to enjoy yourself outside of your academic life. There are lots of beautiful historical spots, nice cafes and restaurants, and pubs in town, and it’s a good location to travel throughout the UK. If you want a good academic environment, in a fun and interesting city, York is the place for you.”