As a visiting student at York you'll be fully integrated into academic life at a world-class, research-led university. Find out what you can study here.
Find out about spending part of your research degree at York.
You should also read our guidance on choosing modules.
Find out about the modules available from each department:
- Computer Science
- Economics and Related Studies
- Education (undergraduate and postgraduate research only)
- Eighteenth Century Studies (postgraduate only)
- Electronic Engineering
- English and Related Literature
- Environment and Geography (undergraduate only)
- History of Art
- Language and Linguistic Science
- Law (undergraduate only)
- Management (undergraduate only)
- Medieval Studies (postgraduate only)
- Natural Sciences (undergraduate only, full year only)
- Psychology (undergraduate full academic year only)
- Social Policy and Social Work
- Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media (undergraduate only)
- Women's Studies (postgraduate only)
Modules are not guaranteed. Most departments will contact you in either August or December to finalise your module choice, athough some departments will leave module choices to the first supervisory meeting.
You should always have a backup plan of reserve modules in case your first choice is unavailable.