Coronavirus: accessing Student Hub services
We are continuing to offer all the support we can even though a face-to-face service in the Student Hub is currently unvailable as our team is working remotely.
If you require support or advice from any of the teams located here please see the appropriate contact information below. Your enquiry is very important to us and a member of our team will respond to your query as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience at this difficult time.
OPENING TIMES: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (throughout the Summer break)
Student Hub, Market Square, University of York, YORK YO10 5DD
Tel: +44 (0)1904 324140 / Email: email@example.com
For Coronavirus (Covid-19) queries: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call - 01904 809571
How we can help you:
- Our Front of house team is a first point of contact to help you find any relevant support and advice you may need during your studies. We can also help if you require official letters. Most letters can now be instantly generated through e:Vision. If you have any queries about these letters or if the letter you require is not available to you, please e-mail email@example.com and the team will look into this for you. You can find further information on our Request a document webpage.
- Our Support and Advice team is the first point of contact for advice on a range of issues including financial support and money management, housing advice, academic progress issues and support for underrepresented student groups. You can self- refer to our Support and Advice team by completing the self-referral form below. A member of our team will contact you by e-mail as soon as possible and if you are offered an appointment, this will be conducted by telephone. **Please note that for the time being, we will not be holding drop-ins at the Student Hub.**
Student advice self-referral form
- Disability Services can arrange academic support and adjustments if you have a disability or long-term health condition that has an impact on your ability to study.
- You may also wish to check our Help and Support webpage for further information about the University's support services.
- Student Misconduct - learn more about student misconduct and how to report it Report and Support
Notice Board - July 2020
- *Emergency Student Support Fund - Fifth round opened 1st July* - see information below.
- YorWorld Community is an informal, virtual space where students can come together to chat, engage in activities and receive support from the International Student Support Team. These hour-long Zoom sessions are running on Tuesdays at 4pm (BST) and Fridays at 12pm (BST). Please complete the YorWorld Community, Expression of Interest form to receive invitations to attend.
- We are currently recruiting for Volunteer International Student Buddies. We welcome applications from any current international undergraduates who will still be students here next year (as an undergraduate or postgraduate)Complete this expression of interest form before 5pm 12/7/20 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. 25th June 2020
- Emergency Student Support Fund The fifth round will open on Wednesday 1 July 2020. You can find further details on the University's Covid-19 webpages.
- If you require an Interim Transcript - please send a full screenshot of your confirmed marks on e:Vision to email@example.com The team can check and verify the marks which appear on your e:Vision account. 22nd June 2020.
- Virtual Graduation registration is now live, registration will close on Friday 31st July - Find out more on the Graduation webpages - 22nd June 2020.
- Student Finance (New & Continuing Students) - You should apply for Student Finance for next year as soon as possible, even if you are unsure what your plans are. Delaying your application may mean your funding will not be ready for the start of term- 22nd June 2020.
- Leaving the University / IT Access - If you are soon to be leaving the University you may wish to check the IT webpages for Student Leavers where you can find out more about how long you will have access to your University account and IT facilities- 18th June 2020.
- Moving out of Accommodation - If you are moving out of your accommodation over the next few weeks and you need advice on practicalities such as finding storage, the Student Hub team may be able to help you- 18th June 2020.
- If you have a Student Support Plan - If you are changing courses next year please don’t forget to let Disability Services know - Disability Services- 17th June 2020.
Mental Health Support
- The Open Door Team is a team of Mental Health Practitioners at the University providing support to registered students experiencing psychological or mental health difficulties.
- University of York students can now access free online mental health support 24/7 with Big White Wall.
If you are self-isolating,please fill in the student self-isolation form The information you provide will be shared with relevant teams within the University to support you, including your academic department. For more information see our Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates page