Coronavirus: accessing Student Hub services
We are continuing to offer all the support we can even though a face-to-face service in the Student Hub is currently unvailable as our team is working remotely.
If you require support or advice from any of the teams located here please see the appropriate contact information below. Your enquiry is very important to us and a member of our team will respond to your query as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience at this difficult time.
TIMES AVAILABLE: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Student Hub, Market Square, University of York, York, YO10 5DD
- Tel: +44 (0)1904 324140
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How we can help you:
- Our Front of house team is a first point of contact to help you find any relevant support and advice you may need during your studies. We can also help if you require official letters. Most letters can now be instantly generated through e:Vision. If you have any queries about these letters or if the letter you require is not available to you, please e-mail email@example.com and the team will look into this for you. You can find further information on our Request a document webpage. We can also help you to complete forms confirming your enrolment although, as we are working remotely, we can only complete these forms if they are provided in an editable format. If your form asks for the details of your tuition fees, please send the form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Support and Advice Team
- Our Support and Advice team is the first point of contact for advice on a range of issues including financial support and money management, housing advice, academic progress issues and support for underrepresented student groups. You can self- refer to our Support and Advice team by completing the self-referral form below. A member of our team will contact you by e-mail as soon as possible and if you are offered an appointment, this can be conducted by telephone or video call.
Student advice self-referral form
- We're running drop-in sessions via Zoom. Participants are admitted on a first-come-first-service basis so please be prepared to wait.
If the Zoom meeting is 'locked' the session is full and no further participants can be admitted. If this is the case please complete the above self-referral form for the Student Advice & Support team and a member of staff will get back in touch as soon as possible.
International Student Support Team
- Disability Services can arrange academic support and adjustments if you have a disability or long-term health condition that has an impact on your ability to study.
- You may also wish to check our Help and Support webpage for further information about the University's support services.
- Student Misconduct - learn more about student misconduct and how to report itReport and Support
If you are self-isolating, please fill in the student self-isolation form The information you provide will be shared with relevant teams within the University to support you, including your academic department. For more information see our Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates page.
Mental Health Support
- The Open Door Team is a team of Mental Health Practitioners at the University providing support to registered students experiencing psychological or mental health difficulties.
- University of York students can now access free online mental health support 24/7 with Togetherall (formerly Big White Wall).
Notice Board - October 2020
- Student Finance for new students - Registration of attendance for Student Finance will take place on the first day of term. Once registration has been confirmed it can take between 3 and 5 working days for your payment to be received. If you have not received your payment by the week commencing 5th October, please contact email@example.com and our team can look into this for you. 28th September 2020
- Reopening of Library buildings - Please refer to the Library webpages for the latest information about services that are available. 21 September 2020.
- Applications for the last round of the Student Support fund have now closed. The *IT Equipment Bursary* is still available to apply for until 2pm on 7th October 2020. Please continue to check the webpage above for the latest updates. 18 September 2020
- YorWorld Community - is an informal, virtual space where students can come together to chat, engage in activities and receive support from the International Student Support Team. Take part in our online chat; register your interest here and we will send you a link to each zoom session. 15 September 2020
- BRP visa card collection - you have 90 days to collect your visa card from the post office at WHSmith. You can go at any time during their opening hours providing you're not in quarantine. Our International Student Support team will be running trips to the post office and you can sign up for a ticket here. 15 September 2020
- Police registration - if you have a visa requirement to register with the police, it will tell you on your UKVI letter which confirmed your visa conditions and was emailed to you. You must fill in the online form. If you require help with this, you can book a ticket for our zoom sessions where we will assist you. 15 September 2020
- CAS issuance for students on English language pre-sessional coursesIf you are currently on an English language pre-sessional course at York, please note that your CAS will be issued after your pre-sessional results. For those students starting their main programme in January 2021 your CAS will be issued after 1 October. For those students starting their main programme in September 2020 your CAS will be issued as a matter of urgency after your results are available. 2 September 2020
- CAS requests for students starting in January 2021Please note that you can request your CAS now and these will be issued after 1 October. 2 September 2020
- Are you applying for a Railcard? As our team is working remotely, we are not able to complete railcard forms at the current time. However, we have confirmed with National Railcard that you can upload a Confirmation of Study letter in place of the form. You can order this through your e:Vision account by selecting the 'Your Study' section. If you are in your writing-up period, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice on this. 4 August 2020
- *Nursing or Midwifery Student?* - Applications to the NHS Learning Support Fund are now open for new and continuing students. You could be eligible for £5000+ as part of a non-repayable grant! Find out more on NHSBSA's web-pages. 14 July 2020