We’re here to offer advice to staff, students and visitors and to promote inclusivity across the University.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) 
The Disability Team are working remotely and continue to offer appointments by telephone. If you phone us, please leave a message and we will phone you back. If you are concerned about your assessment adjustments in your SSP please be assured that we will be working closely with your department when more information is available.


Hello I'm James from the Disability Team with a quick message for current students. By now you should have heard from the University about the new arrangements for the rest of this academic year for online teaching, learning and assessments. And if you have a Student Support Plan you may be wondering what this means for your individual adjustments.

We would like to reassure you that any adjustments will be the same, even if they are a bit different in practice. For example, those students with 25% extra time in exams will now receive an extra 6 hours to complete a 24 hour online closed assessment.

If you receive DSA support such as mentoring or study skills support please try to keep accessing support. Many support providers can support you by video call or telephone and it helps to maintain some sort of routine.

We are working closely with your department and if you have any queries at all please contact us and we will do our best to help you. And please try not to worry too much. Bye for now.

We can arrange academic support and adjustments if you have a disability or long-term health condition that has an impact on your ability to study. This may include:

  • an autistic spectrum condition
  • a visual impairment
  • a hearing impairment
  • a long standing illness or health condition such as diabetes or chronic fatigue
  • a mental health condition
  • a specific learning difficulty (SpLD) such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • physical/mobility difficulties