Top tools for successful study
We've produced materials to help you manage your study effectively and fulfil your potential.
What is a study needs assessment?
If you’re applying for Disabled Students’ Allowances or DSAs, you may be asked to arrange a study needs assessment.
Student Finance England have produced several videos to help you understand what's involved.
They can all be found on the SFE YouTube channel.
Developing resilience will help you to protect yourself from the potential negative effects of stress and natural ups and downs of life.
On this five-week course, you'll gain an understanding of the benefits of resilience and learn practical techniques for managing emotions, time, stress and assertiveness.
- Grammarly - Checks spelling, grammar and punctuation and offers content specific suggestions
- Writing mentor - Provides feedback on important aspects of writing
- Wordflex touch dictionary - A brain friendly dictionary (for iPads)
- Google Docs voice typing - Allows you to speak into a microphone/headset and the words to be documented in text form
- Balabolka - Text to Speech software that reads text from a variety of file formats (instructions)
- Speak screen - Reads text from iOS devices
- Speak - Have text read aloud in Microsoft Office programmes
- Colour Filters - Make text easier and softer to read by applying a coloured filter to the ios device screens