Cultural production plays a fundamental role in how we tell stories, define ourselves and how we relate to the world. Our courses will give you the practical experience, creative inspiration and critical skills to lead and shape the creative industries.
Why study theatre, film, television and interactive media at York?
At York, we offer distinct routes in theatre, film and television production, interactive media, and business for the creative industries. Our teaching is based in our industry-standard facilities. We have strong links with industry professionals and regularly host distinguished visiting speakers and masterclasses. Study one of our flexible courses, harness your creative potential and we'll equip you with the skills needed to succeed in the creative industries.
- Business of the Creative Industries (BA)
- Interactive Media (BSc)
- Theatre: Writing, Directing and Performance (BA)
- Film and Television Production (BSc)
There are opportunities for you to spend time abroad during your course.
Work in industry-standard facilities
You'll have access to two professional HD television studios, theatre stages, extensive vision and sound post-production suites and a 140-seat 4K digital cinema with surround sound.
Unique creative environment
Explore creative production on screen, on stage and in interactive media alongside industry professionals and world-class researchers.
York is a UNESCO city of Media Arts
York as a City is recognised as a hotbed of creative talent, acting as a gateway to international markerts. For two millenia York has been the meeting point for ideas and creativity. Today it is nicknamed the 'City of Festivals'.
We're proud of our student-led societies. They champion creativity and collaboration, lead workshops and bring guest speakers and international festivals to our doorstep.
- You'll have opportunities to work with and learn from experts in our industry-standard facilities, equipping you with a range of practical skills.
- You'll enter the professional world equipped with analytic, technical and design skills, which are relevant in a wide range of creative media industries.
- Our graduates have secured positions with an extensive range of companies and organisations in film and television production and post-production, as well as theatre and games across the UK and internationally. Others have used their transferable skills to establish careers in a range of other sectors including education, events, marketing and commerce.
Hear from our current students and graduates.
Scholarships and funding
Learn more about scholarships and funding