From the finances of small companies to the economies of entire nations, we need better tools to understand, model and assess the stability, security and effectiveness of our institutions.
We study how we perceive risk as individuals and as organisations, and how forecasts and uncertainties influence us.
We consider how we mitigate risk in our complex systems in a world undergoing constant change.
Research centres and groups
- Centre for Applied Macro-Finance
- Centre for Experimental Economics
- Centre for Historical Economics and Related Research
- Centre for Housing Policy
- Centre for Mechanism and Institution Design
- Health, Econometrics and Data group
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination
- Research Centre for Social Science
- Social Policy Research Unit
- York Health Economics Consortium