Justice and equality
Fairness, inclusivity, equality and welfare are policy fields where our research sets the political agenda. These themes also define our values and approach to meeting the grand social challenges of our time at national and international levels.
Our justice and equality research crosses academic boundaries. Find out more about the departments and related research groups involved in this work:
Related research groups
- Centre for Applied Human Rights
- Centre for Housing Policy
- Centre for Research on Education and Social Justice
- Centre for Women’s Studies
- Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre
- Mental Health and Addiction research group
- Morrell Centre for Toleration
- Public Health and Society research group
- Stockholm Environment Institute at York
- York Environmental Sustainability Institute
Nicholas Pleace is Director of the Centre for Housing Policy and a Professor of Social Policy at York. His research interests centre on interdisciplinary research, with a particular interest in addressing the spatial concentration of inequality and injustice, including issues of housing exclusion and climate justice. He has been leading impact-driven, policy-focused homelessness research for 27 years.