Justice and equality
Fairness, inclusivity, equality and welfare are policy fields where our research sets the political agenda. These themes also define our values and approach to meeting the grand social challenges of our time at national and international levels.
Our justice and equality research crosses academic boundaries. Find out more about the departments and related research groups involved in this work:
Related research groups
- Centre for Applied Human Rights
- Centre for Housing Policy
- Centre for Research on Education and Social Justice
- Centre for Women’s Studies
- Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre
- Mental Health and Addiction research group
- Morrell Centre for Toleration
- Public Health and Society research group
- Stockholm Environment Institute at York
- York Environmental Sustainability Institute
Kate Pickett is Professor of Epidemiology in the University’s Department of Health Sciences. Co-founder and trustee of The Equality Trust, she is also co-author of The Spirit Level and The Inner Level, best-selling books which highlight the problems caused by unequal distribution of incomes.