Hold your fellowship at York, and you will discover that we are committed to conducting and developing inspirational and life-changing research. This is achieved by bringing together the best researchers to tackle some of our most pressing global challenges.
As an independent fellow you will help to forge new ideas, create solutions and push the frontiers of our knowledge.
What we offer
- A dynamic research environment: our Research Themes are headed by Research Champions who support interdisciplinarity and cross-institutional and sector collaboration.
- Excellent support and training: professional support teams work to maximise the impact and success of your research and provide bespoke training and careers support.
- A great quality of life for you and your family: the historic city of York is a great place to live and has high speed direct rail links (two hours to London). The University campus offers exceptional facilities.
- Centre for Future Health
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
- English and Related Literature
- History of Art
- Language and Linguistic Science
- Theatre, Film and Television and Interactive Media
Larger Fellowship schemes aimed at postdoctoral researchers looking to make the transition to independence:
- Cancer Research UK Career Development Fellowship
- Daphne Jackson Fellowships
- EPSRC Postdoctoral and Early Career Research Fellowships
- ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Henry Dale Fellowships
- Leverhulme Early Career Research Fellowships
- MRC Career Development Award/Fellowship or MRC Clinician Scientist Fellowship
- NIHR Advanced Fellowship
- Royal Academy of Engineering Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Programme
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships
- University of York Centre for Future Health Fellowships
UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships
We are committed to supporting exceptional researchers through the UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship application process. We already have two Future Leaders Fellows and we're seeking to build on that initial success in future rounds.
If you're interested in becoming a Future Leader Fellow at York read our information for prospective candidates. If you're an internal candidate, talk to your Departmental Research Chair.
Find out more about our Future Leaders Fellows: