Hold your fellowship at York, and you will discover that we are committed to conducting and developing inspirational and life-changing research. This is achieved by bringing together the best researchers to tackle some of our most pressing global challenges.
As an independent fellow you will help to forge new ideas, create solutions and push the frontiers of our knowledge.
What we offer
- A dynamic research environment: our Research Themes are headed by Research Champions who support interdisciplinarity and cross-institutional and sector collaboration.
- Excellent support and training: professional support teams work to maximise the impact and success of your research and provide bespoke training and careers support.
- A great quality of life for you and your family: the historic city of York is a great place to live and has high speed direct rail links (two hours to London). The University campus offers exceptional facilities.
Read more about fellowships in departments:
Academic and post-doctoral staff already at the University are also eligible for our Enterprise Fellowships (this page is only accessible to staff at the University).
Fellowship Schemes for Early Career Researchers
Listed below are some of the larger Fellowship schemes aimed at postdoctoral researchers looking to make the transition to independence:
- University of York Centre for Future Health Fellowships
- University of York Enterprise Fellowships (four in total - two generic and one Chemistry and one Centre for Future Health specific Fellowship)
- Leverhulme Early Career Research Fellowships
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships
- ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NIHR Advanced Fellowship
- MRC Career Development Award/Fellowship or MRC Clinician Scientist Fellowship
- Cancer Research UK Career Development Fellowship
- Royal Academy of Engineering Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Programme
- EPSRC Postdoctoral and Early Career Research Fellowships
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships
- Daphe Jackson Fellowships