Risk, evidence and decision making
In an increasingly complex world, our research is penetrating deep into how decisions on risk are made and how they are shaped by technological, social and cultural factors. By drawing on our understanding of these factors, we can provide government and industry with improved risk models and help influence policies resulting in better-informed decision making.
Related research groups
- Assuring Autonomy International Programme
- Centre for Applied Human Rights
- Centre for Health Economics
- Centre for Housing Policy
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination
- Science and Technology Studies Unit
- Stockholm Environment Institute
- Social Policy Research Unit
- York Environmental Sustainability Institute
T.T. Arvind is Professor of Law in York Law School. His research focuses on using history and the social sciences to analyse the relationship between law, individuals and governing institutions.