The development of Campus East has expanded the University with three new colleges, four new buildings to accommodate academic departments and a variety of support and social buildings, all surrounded by green space and water.
The development of Campus East features buildings for three of our colleges: Goodricke, Langwith and Constantine.
- Around 600 bedrooms per college, for a total of 1865 bedrooms on Campus East.
- Bright, modern self-catered accommodation designed around social spaces.
- Built using sustainable methods, including Constantine College which follows a BREEAM "excellent and low energy" design concept.
- Close links to public transport and York Sport Village.
Langwith College is centrally located on Campus East, with Goodricke on the western side of Campus East and Constantine towards the east.
Campus East features new facilities to house the Department of Computer Science, School of Arts and Creative Technologies, School for Business and Society and York Law School.
- Purpose-built facilities for the Computer Science department, comprising software and hardware teaching laboratories, departmental staff offices, research laboratories and a variety of social and collaborative spaces.
- Cutting-edge electronic, media and performance spaces for School of Arts and Creative Technologies, including a scenic stage theatre, black box theatre, screening room and TV studios with audio and editing suites.
- Industry-standard support for students in School of Arts and Creative Technologies.
- The York Law School and School for Business and Society currently share the new state-of-the-art Law and Management building, which includes a mixture of flexible learning spaces and specialist facilities.
- The York Law School benefits from specialist spaces such as the Problem Based Learning suite and Moot Court, which have been designed to facilitate the school's teaching style.
All department buildings on Campus East can be found on the south-western side, near the Ron Cooke Hub.
The Catalyst and Ron Cooke Hub
- The Catalyst is a new building which supports the growth and development of early stage companies in the creative, IT, digital and media sectors.
- The location of the buildng makes it well situated in accessing the facilities, teaching and research expertise of Campus East's academic departments.
- The Ron Cooke Hub forms a main nucleus for Campus East, bringing together students, researchers, staff, knowledge transfer companies, business and commercial stakeholders and members of the wider community.
- Facilities in the Hub include a 220-seat raked lecture theatre, a 100-seat teaching room, roof terrace, seminar and PC rooms, a business training suite, study decks for students, three meeting room 'pods' sitting in the Hub basin, and the Hub Cafe in the atrium.
- The Hub's atrium provides a flexible meeting, networking, conference and special function venue.
- The 360 demonstration space and 'Island of Interaction', also based in the Ron Cooke Hub, provide hi-tech spaces for exhibitions, media presentations and collaborative work.
The Ron Cooke Hub can be found near-central on Campus East. The Catalyst is on the western edge of Campus East, close to the academic departments.