A large-scale refurbishment and new extension to our excellent library facilities.
New facilities include a variety of learning and study zones and collaborative working areas, PC rooms and a brand-new Library Cafe. It creates a combined space for learning, studying and socialising.
- The completely refurbished Library provides a modern environment and range of study facilities to suit many different ways of studying.
- The extended Library building connects to the Harry Fairhurst building, which provides 500 places for individual and group study and research.
- Improved lighting, heating and ventilation.
- New study areas, including zoned silent and quiet study areas, PC rooms (including a silent cluster) and group study rooms.
- All areas are IT enabled with either fixed PCs or wireless connectivity with power provided to desktops. Some height-adjustable desks are available.
- A transformed Library Cafe, providing a fresh, comfortable and vibrant place for eating, socialising and learning.
The refurbished University Library is on the northern side of Campus West, and is comprised of the JB Morrell building, Burton building, and Harry Fairhurst building.