The first dedicated atmospheric chemistry research facility in the UK enabling world-leading contributions to the science of air quality and climate change.
- Laboratory facilities that bring together atmospheric chemistry research teams, including faculty staff, post-doctoral researchers, external research staff including from the National Centre for Atmospheric Science and The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), postgraduates and undergraduates.
- Co-location of technical equipment.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary research across the University.
- The building brings York's five atmospheric chemistry research teams together under one roof for the first time, enabling collaborative working.
- Facilities include laboratory space, a modelling suite, collaborative and office spaces.
- The recent extension to the building has further increased office and laboratory space.
- Landscaping to the front of the building and increased parking provision add to the benefits for all users.
The location on York Science Park was specifically chosen so that atmospheric chemistry research remains closely connected to the wider Department of Chemistry, providing opportunities for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.