Located on Campus West close to the Sports Centre, James is built around landscaped quadrants with lakeside views. We have a large dining hall and we're home to the Students’ Union cocktail bar, The Lounge.
Priding ourselves on our give-it-a-go ethos, we encourage everyone to get involved with a diverse range of activities. All of our first year accommodation is catered and mealtimes often become social events. We have a strong sporting tradition and we'll work hard to ensure that you'll feel welcome to take part, make new friends and challenge yourself.
One of our students shared their experiences with us. Read their blog here.
- Campus West
- £148 to £190 per week
- Economy shared bathroom, standard shared bathroom and standard ensuite rooms
James is really central which is useful for getting around and there are some grassy areas which are perfect for chilling with friends.
- Common rooms
- Wifi in all rooms
Rooms and prices
The yearly prices shown are for 40 weeks unless stated otherwise.
*Prices shown are for 2019/20 and are rounded to the nearest pound. Please note, yearly prices may vary depending on your exact booking dates.
|Room type||Price per week*||Price per year*|
|Economy||Shared bathroom, catered
|Standard||Shared bathroom, catered
How many people will I be sharing with?
- Economy shared bathroom, catered: approximately 17 students per kitchen, with 15 showers, one bath and 21 toilets shared by the full block of 100 students
- Standard shared bathroom, catered: 15 students per house sharing one kitchen, three showers and four toilets
- Standard ensuite, catered: 8 to 19 students per house/kitchen depending on block
* Prices have been rounded to the nearest pound.
Click and drag the 360-degree view below to see this accommodation.
James is located next to the Sport Centre at Campus West.
- Market Square shops: 5 minutes walk
- Library: 5 minutes walk
- Ron Cooke Hub: 25 minutes
- York Sports Centre: 5 minutes walk
- York Sport Village: 40 minutes walk
Walk-through tourWatch the walk-through video
Being in a college has huge benefits as it gives accommodation a community feel, and you have a connection to the blocks around you.