Located on Campus West close to the Sports Centre, James is built around landscaped quadrants with lakeside views. We have a large dining hall and we're home to the Students’ Union cocktail bar, The Lounge.
Priding ourselves on our give-it-a-go ethos, we encourage everyone to get involved with a diverse range of activities. All of our first year accommodation is catered and mealtimes often become social events. We have a strong sporting tradition and we'll work hard to ensure that you'll feel welcome to take part, make new friends and challenge yourself.
- Campus West
- 590 rooms
- £145 to £179 per week
- Economy shared bathroom, Standard shared bathroom or ensuite
- All catered rooms
- Common rooms
- Wifi in all rooms
Rooms and prices
The yearly prices shown are for 40 weeks unless stated otherwise.
Undergraduate prices shown are for 2017/18.
|Room type||Price per week*||Price per year*|
|Economy||Shared bathroom, catered
|Standard||Shared bathroom, catered
How many people will I be sharing with?
- Economy shared bathroom, catered: approximately 17 students per kitchen, with 15 showers, one bath and 21 toilets shared by the full block of 100 students
- Standard shared bathroom, catered: 15 students per house sharing one kitchen, three showers and four toilets
- Standard ensuite, catered: 8 to 19 students per house/kitchen depending on block
* Prices have been rounded to the nearest pound.
Click and drag the 360-degree view below to see this accommodation.
James is located next to the Sport Centre at Campus West.
- Market Square shops: 5 minutes walk
- Library: 5 minutes walk
- Ron Cooke Hub: 25 minutes
- York Sports Centre: 5 minutes walk
- York Sport Village: 40 minutes walk
Walk-through tourWatch the walk-through video
James is really central which is useful for getting around and there are some grassy areas which are perfect for chilling with friends.
Being in a college has huge benefits as it gives accommodation a community feel, and you have a connection to the blocks around you.