Located on Campus West beside Central Hall, Vanbrugh accommodation ranges from large social blocks organised as open corridors to modern ensuite flats.
We're a lively college with a strong ethos of participation, whether in music, sport or creative activities. Our music facilities (open to all students regardless of college membership) support choirs, bands and music creators, with a fully equipped garage-band rehearsal space, recording studio and instrument lending library.
Our college house, ‘The Warren’, hosts regular activities from current affairs discussions to creative writing, baking and meditation.
One of our students shared their experiences with us. Read their blog here.
- Campus West
- 580 rooms
- £145 to £159 per week
- Economy shared bathroom, Standard ensuite
- Catered options available
Maria and Anna
After talking over Facebook on the Vanbrugh group we requested a twin room together. The best thing about the room is that it's big. Everyone in the flat can hang out in here and you are never by yourself.
- Common room
- Computer room
- Laundry room
- Wifi in all rooms
Rooms and prices
The yearly prices shown are for 40 weeks unless stated otherwise.
Prices shown are for 2018/19 and are rounded to the nearest pound. Please note, yearly prices may vary depending on your exact booking dates.
|Room type||Price per week*||Price per year*|
Shared bathroom, catered
Shared bathroom, with dinner and light breakfast (Fairfax House)
How many people will I be sharing with?
- Economy shared bathroom, catered: 8-11 students per kitchen and 4-5 per bathroom
- Economy shared bathroom with dinner (Fairfax House): 16-23 students per small kitchen and 8-10 students per two showers, one bath and two toilets
- Standard ensuite: 10-12 students per flat/kitchen
* Prices have been rounded to the nearest pound.
Click and drag the 360-degree view below to see this accommodation.
Vanbrugh is located in the centre of Campus West campus near Market Square.
- Market square shops: 2 minutes walk
- Library: 3 minutes walk
- Ron Cooke Hub: 20 minutes walk
- York Sports Centre: 10 minutes walk
- York Sport Village: 40 minutes walk
Walk-through tourWatch the walk-through video
All of my best friends are also in Vanbrugh. It’s really easy to meet new people through the college musical events and sports teams as there are fewer people than there are in the university teams, so it’s not overwhelming at all.