Our 1960s buildings feature open corridor layouts which are great for socialising, and we organise numerous events from student-run club nights to ceilidh dancing in our large dining hall and bar.
As a Derwent member, you'll embrace tradition and welcome new experiences, fostering a strong sense of identity and college spirit in one of York's oldest colleges.
One of our students shared their experiences with us. Read their blog here.
Find out about Derwent College's Living Learning Community
- Campus West
- £140 to £168 per week
- Band 2 shared bathroom and ensuite and band 3 shared bathroom rooms
- Catered band 2 rooms, self-catered band 3 rooms
Derwent is in a great location, it has a great atmosphere and the people are lovely. My room is really big which means everyone can hang out together in here.
- Common room
- Computer room
- Laundry room
- Wifi in all rooms
Rooms and prices
The yearly prices shown are for 40 weeks unless stated otherwise.
*Prices shown are for 2020/21 and are rounded to the nearest pound. Please note, yearly prices may vary depending on your exact booking dates.
|Room type||Price per week*||Price per year*|
|Shared bathroom, catered|
|Band 3**||Shared bathroom, self-catered|
** Some of our standard rooms in Derwent College are located in houses at Eden's Court.
How many people will I be sharing with?
- Band 2 shared bathroom, catered: 15-18 students per kitchen, and around 2 baths or showers and 2 toilets per 10 students
- Band 2 ensuite, catered: 8-10 students per kitchen
- Band 3 shared bathroom: around 20 students per floor, sharing two kitchens, five baths/showers and five toilets
- Band 3 shared bathroom (Eden's Court): up to 10 students per house sharing one kitchen, two showers and two toilets
* Prices have been rounded to the nearest pound.
360 degree views
Click on a box below to open a 360 tour of a room form this college. You can navigate with the arrow keys or by pointing and clicking with your mouse.
Derwent is located in the heart of Campus West.
- Market Square Shops: 7 minutes walk
- Library: 7 minutes walk
- Ron Cooke Hub: 17 minutes walk
- York Sports Centre: 10 minutes walk
- York Sport Village: 35 minutes walk