Our 1960s buildings feature open corridor layouts which are great for socialising, and we organise numerous events from student-run club nights to ceilidh dancing in our large dining hall and bar.
As a Derwent member, you'll embrace tradition and welcome new experiences, fostering a strong sense of identity and college spirit. Our friendly and respectful ethos is reflected in the Derwent Global Community project, which will encourage you to consider world issues in order to make a positive contribution.
- Campus West
- 580 rooms
- £106 to £159 per week
- Economy shared bathroom or ensuite, Standard shared bathroom
- Catering options available
- Common room
- Computer room
- Laundry room
- Wifi in all rooms
Rooms and prices
The yearly prices shown are for 40 weeks unless stated otherwise.
Undergraduate prices shown are for 2017/18.
|Room type||Price per week*||Price per year*|
|Economy||Shared bathroom, self-catered||£106||£4,239|
|Shared bathroom, catered||£145||£5,783|
|Standard||Shared bathroom, self-catered||£128||£5,633|
How many people will I be sharing with?
- Economy shared bathroom, catered: 15-18 students per kitchen, and around 2 baths or showers and 2 toilets per 10 students
- Economy ensuite, catered: 8-10 students per kitchen
- Standard shared bathroom: around 20 students per floor, sharing two kitchens, five baths/showers and five toilets
- Standard shared bathroom, catered: 15 students per house sharing one kitchen, one bath, two showers and five toilets
- Standard shared bathroom (Eden's Court): up to 10 students per house sharing one kitchen, two showers and two toilets
* Prices have been rounded to the nearest pound.
Click and drag the 360-degree view below to see this accommodation.
Derwent is located in the heart of Campus West.
- Market Square Shops: 7 minutes walk
- Library: 7 minutes walk
- Ron Cooke Hub: 17 minutes walk
- York Sports Centre: 10 minutes walk
- York Sport Village: 35 minutes walk
Walk-through tourWatch the walk-through video
Derwent is in a great location, it has a great atmosphere and the people are lovely. My room is really big which means everyone can hang out together in here.