Our 1960s buildings feature open corridor layouts which are great for socialising, and we organise numerous events from student-run club nights to ceilidh dancing in our large dining hall and bar.
As a Derwent member, you'll embrace tradition and welcome new experiences, fostering a strong sense of identity and college spirit. Our friendly and respectful ethos is reflected in the Derwent Global Community project, which will encourage you to consider world issues in order to make a positive contribution.
One of our students shared their experiences with us. Read their blog here.
Find out about Derwent College's Living Learning Community
- Campus West
- 580 rooms
- £136 to £163 per week
- Economy shared bathroom or ensuite, Standard shared bathroom
- Catering options available
Derwent is in a great location, it has a great atmosphere and the people are lovely. My room is really big which means everyone can hang out together in here.
- Common room
- Computer room
- Laundry room
- Wifi in all rooms
Rooms and prices
The yearly prices shown are for 40 weeks unless stated otherwise.
*Prices shown are for 2019/20 and are rounded to the nearest pound. Please note, yearly prices may vary depending on your exact booking dates.
|Room type||Price per week*||Price per year*|
|Economy||Shared bathroom, catered
|Standard||Shared bathroom, self-catered
How many people will I be sharing with?
- Economy shared bathroom, catered: 15-18 students per kitchen, and around 2 baths or showers and 2 toilets per 10 students
- Economy ensuite, catered: 8-10 students per kitchen
- Standard shared bathroom: around 20 students per floor, sharing two kitchens, five baths/showers and five toilets
- Standard shared bathroom, catered: 15 students per house sharing one kitchen, one bath, two showers and five toilets
- Standard shared bathroom (Eden's Court): up to 10 students per house sharing one kitchen, two showers and two toilets
* Prices have been rounded to the nearest pound.
Click and drag the 360-degree view below to see this accommodation.
Derwent is located in the heart of Campus West.
- Market Square Shops: 7 minutes walk
- Library: 7 minutes walk
- Ron Cooke Hub: 17 minutes walk
- York Sports Centre: 10 minutes walk
- York Sport Village: 35 minutes walk