We have a small number of on-campus rooms and studios for couples, and also work with the York Housing Association (YHA) to provide some one bedroom properties.
Only one person in a couple needs to be a full time registered student at York to be eligible to apply.
Several of our colleges have some self-contained and studio flats, with their own kitchen facilities and a private bathroom. We also have some ensuite double rooms and flats with their own bathroom and access to a shared kitchen.
Rooms and prices 2019/20
- Studio flat: £180 per week
- One-bedroom flat: £243 per week
- Bills and wifi are included
York Housing Association properties
These furnished and unfurnished one-bedroom bungalows can be found in McHugh Court, which is close to Halifax College. Your tenancy agreement is with YHA and your rent will be payable termly to York Housing Association.
Rooms and prices
Bills and wifi are not included
|Property type||Annual cost||Cost per term|
|One bedroom furnished bungalow||£7,281||£2,427|
|One bedroom unfurnished bungalow||£6,720||£2,240|
- You must pay a £500 damage deposit. This will be refunded at the end of your let, dependent on the condition of the property
How we allocate
We allocate on a first-come-first-served basis, based on the priority (highest to lowest) below:
- Students with evidence of an additional requirement
- New students from outside the EU
- New students from outside the UK but within the EU
- New students from the UK
- Continuing students who have not previously lived in University couples accommodation
- Continuing students who have lived in University couples accommodation before
Although our University accommodation is only available for a one-year let length, you may be able to extend your YHA contract beyond the initial let length, subject to availability. If your course is longer than one year we may give you priority for YHA accommodation.
Private sector accommodation
As we can't guarantee accommodation for families and couples, you should also look into private sector accommodation around York.