Knowledge Applied to Nursing Practice 6 - HEA00144H
« Back to module search
- Department: Health Sciences
- Module co-ordinator: Ms. Gillian Punton
- Credit value: 30 credits
- Credit level: H
Academic year of delivery: 2020-21
Module will run
||Summer Term 2020-21
Evidence completion of EOAR requirements and demonstrate skills associated with key concepts from the Stage 1, 2 and 3 theory modules.
Module learning outcomes
By the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Work effectively as a leader and coordinator of complex care.
- Apply a range of assessment, formulation and therapeutic interventions for effective quality care.
- Effectively manage potential safeguarding issues to maintain individual and public protection.
- Evaluate your role in medicines optimisation.
- Evaluate your role in service improvement, engagement and the effective learning of others in a range of situations.
||% of module mark
Special assessment rules
Non-reassessable & Non-compensatable
Additional assessment information
Total number of practice hours: 308
Verbal and written evidence of achievement is provided within the student’s Electronic Ongoing Assessment Record, completed by the Practice Assessor.
Dougherty L, Lister S (2015) (9th Edition) The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons
Nursing and Midwifery Council: The Code; Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates (2018) www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code