Knowledge Applied to Nursing Practice 6 - HEA00144H
« Back to module search
- Department: Health Sciences
- Module co-ordinator: Mr. David Graham
- Credit value: 30 credits
- Credit level: H
Academic year of delivery: 2023-24
Module will run
||Summer Term 2023-24
Evidence completion of EOAR requirements and demonstrate skills associated with key concepts from the Stage 1, 2 and 3 theory modules.
Module learning outcomes
By the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Work effectively as a leader and coordinator of complex care.
- Apply a range of assessment, formulation and therapeutic interventions for effective quality care.
- Effectively manage potential safeguarding issues to maintain individual and public protection.
- Evaluate your role in medicines optimisation.
- Evaluate your role in service improvement, engagement and the effective learning of others in a range of situations.
- Answer all questions correctly in a health numeracy assessment as required by NMC Standards (2018)
||% of module mark
|Coursework - extensions not feasible/practicable
|Online Exam -less than 24hrs (Centrally scheduled)
Open exam : Health numeracy assessment
Special assessment rules
Additional assessment information
Total number of practice hours: 308
Verbal and written evidence of achievement is provided within the student’s Electronic Ongoing Assessment Record, completed by the Practice Assessor.
Lister, Hofland, Grafton and Wilson (2021) The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures, Student Edition, 10th Edition. Wiley Blackwell.
Nursing and Midwifery Council: The Code; Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates (2018) www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code