Accessibility statement

Assistance funding

In addition to bursaries and scholarships, we offer funding and loans to support you through your studies.

Student Support Fund

If you are experiencing unexpected financial difficulty due to an unforeseen change in your circumstances you may be eligible for the Student Support Fund. Find out more.

Postgraduate Research Writing-up+ Support Fund

We’re offering additional financial support for Postgraduate Researchers who are within their writing-up period or who have an extension to their studies during this difficult time. Find out more.

Refunds for disability related costs 

If you need to take the Specific Learning Disability Diagnostic test (SpLD) or you have paid £200 towards specialist IT equipment you may be eligible for a refund for the upfront costs. Find out more.

Emergency Student Support Fund

Short-term financial support of up to £500 for the unanticipated needs of York students due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out more.

Emergency loans

An emergency loan is a short-term loan designed to assist you to support you during short-term funding issues. It can be used to pay for food, utility bills, or travel to your site of study (including placements). Find out more.