Find out how much our courses cost and discover the different types scholarships and bursaries available to you.
UK/EU or international fees? The level of fee that you will be asked to pay depends on whether you're classed as a UK, EU or international student.
University scholarships: a range of scholarships are available to help cover tuition fees and living costs - explore scholarships
Our tuition fees for 2021/22 entry are being finalised and will be published on our web pages in September.
Tuition fees vary depending on whether your course is laboratory or classroom-based. If your course is taught across two departments you will pay the higher fee. These fees below are listed by department, you can also see fees by course.
Your fees may be subject to increase in subsequent years but this increase will be set at a maximum of 2% in each year.
Annual tuition fees 2020/21 entry
- Archaeology: £17,890
- Biochemistry: £22,080
- Biology: £22,080
- Biomedical Sciences: £22,080
- Chemistry: £22,080
- Computer Science: £22,080
- Economics and Related Studies: £17,890
- Education: £17,890
- Electronic Engineering: £22,080
- English and Related Literature: £17,890
- Environment and Geography: £22,080
- Health Sciences: £22,080
- History: £17,890
- History of Art: £17,890
- Language and Linguistic Science: £17,890
- Law: £17,890
- Management: £17,890
- Mathematics: £17,890
- Medicine (Hull York Medical School): £34,950
- Music: £17,890
- Natural Sciences: £22,080
- Philosophy: £17,890
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics: £17,890
- Physics: £22,080
- Politics: £17,890
- Psychology: £22,080
- Social and Political Science: £17,890
- Social Policy and Social Work: £17,890
- Sociology: £17,890
- Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media: £17,890
Study abroad and placements
If you go on a full-year placement you’ll pay a reduced tuition fee to York and no tuition fees to the host university. For that year you’ll pay:
- Study year abroad: 15% of the full-time fee for that year
- Year in industry in the UK: 20% of the full-time fee for that year
- Year in industry abroad (Erasmus): 15% of the full-time fee for that year
- Year in industry abroad (non-Erasmus): 20% of the full-time fee for that year.
Find out more about our study and work abroad opportunities.
Pre-sessional English course fees
Find out about tuition fees for our pre-sessional language courses. These courses can be used for entry onto degree-level courses.
International pathway courses
The Foundation Certificate at our International Pathway College offers you a route to bachelors degrees at York. Find out about Foundation Certificate tuition fees (kic.org.uk).
Paying your fees
Find out about how to pay your fees.