Find out how much our courses cost and discover the different types scholarships and bursaries available to you.
UK (home) or international fees?
The level of fee that you will be asked to pay depends on whether you're classed as a UK (home) or international student. Check your fee status
Tuition fees vary depending on whether your course is laboratory or classroom-based. If your course is both laboratory and classroom-based you will pay the higher fee.
Your fees may be subject to increase in subsequent years but this increase will be set at a maximum of two per cent in each year.
We offer a variety of funding opportunities. Browse scholarships
Study abroad and placements
If you go on a full-year placement you’ll pay a reduced tuition fee to York and no tuition fees to the host university. For that year you’ll pay:
- Study year abroad: 15% of the full-time fee for that year
- Year in industry / with placement year in the UK or abroad: 20% of the full-time fee for that year
- Year in industry / with placement year abroad (Turing scheme only*): 15% of the full-time fee for that year
* Subject to eligibility and funding available.
Keep up-to-date with the latest information:
Pre-sessional English course fees
Find out about tuition fees for our pre-sessional language courses. These courses can be used for entry onto degree-level courses.
International pathway courses
The Foundation Certificate at our International Pathway College offers you a route to bachelors degrees at York.
- Foundation Certificate tuition fees (kic.org.uk).
Paying your fees
Find out about how to pay your fees.