Find out how much our courses cost and discover the different types scholarships and bursaries available to you.
Tuition fees vary by course. You can check the fees of each course on our course pages.
UK (home) or international fees?
The level of fee that you will be asked to pay depends on whether you're classed as a UK (home) or international student.
Annual fee increases for international students
If you are an international student and your course is longer than one year, you should be aware that the tuition fee in following years will be subject to annual increases. You should take this into account in your financial planning. The fees quoted in your offer letter are normally for one year of study. Fees are subject to increase in subsequent years in line with the prevailing Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rate (up to a maximum of 10%).
Pre-sessional English course fees
Find out about tuition fees for our pre-sessional language courses. These courses can be used for entry onto degree-level courses.
International pathway courses
The Foundation Certificate at our International Pathway College offers you a route to bachelors degrees at York.
- Foundation Certificate tuition fees (kaplanpathways.com).
Paying your fees
Find out about how to pay your fees.
Study abroad and placements
If you go on a full-year placement, you’ll pay a reduced tuition fee to York and no tuition fees to the host university. For that year, you’ll pay:
- Study year abroad: 15% of the full-time fee for that year
- Year in industry / with placement year in the UK or abroad: 20% of the full-time fee for that year
- Year in industry / with placement year abroad (Turing scheme only*): 15% of the full-time fee for that year
* Subject to eligibility and funding available
We offer a variety of scholarships and other funding opportunities.