Scholarships for international (non-EU) students 2019/20
We offer a range of scholarships for talented international students.
These competitive scholarships are available to students who pay tuition fees at the overseas rate. If you're unsure whether you're classed as a UK, EU or overseas student for fee purposes, check your fee status.
Scholarships for international (non-EU) students
New for 2019/20 entry
We're pleased to award 90 scholarships to high-achieving international students. These prestigious scholarships will recognise academic excellence by offering a tuition fee discount.
These scholarships are split into three categories:
- Global Academic Excellence scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for the first year of study, for high ability students of any non-EU country
- Country-specific Academic Excellence scholarships offering a tuition fee discount of up to £10,000 for the first year of study, for high ability students domiciled or a national of a specific country
- Region-specific Academic Excellence scholarships offering a tuition fee discount of up to £10,000 for the first year of study, for high ability students domiciled or a national of a specific region
Two scholarships offering a full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees) and a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs. These scholarships are for students who are seeking asylum in the UK or have limited or discretionary leave to remain in the UK.
Five scholarships offering a tuition fee discount of £5,000 for each year of study (up to three years), for exceptionally high achieving students from any non-EU country.
Five scholarships offering one award of £75,000 and four awards of £31,250 for each year of undergraduate study on a three year course, for high achieving students from selected countries.
Other sources of funding
- Country-specific funding
You may also be eligible for country-specific funding.
- University Scholarship Search
Scholarship search run by foreignstudents.com
- Scholarships for Commonwealth citizens
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK.