To be eligible, you should:
- be a UK or EU resident
- have a residual household taxable gross income of £35,000 or less (including pensions)
- be studying full-time at the University in 2020/21 and be paying the UK/EU fee rate
- be registered on an undergraduate degree course.
The Care Leavers and Foyer Bursary is for students aged under 25, who come to York having been in the care of their UK local authority, who have come through the national Foyer Federation or who are irreconcilaby estranged from their parents.
The value of the award is:
- First Year: £3,000
- Second Year: £2,500
- Third Year: £2,500 plus £1,000 to be paid in term three to assist with graduation and interview costs.
The York Opportunity Scholarship has been established to provide support to talented students who have the academic potential to study at York and who have faced significant barriers to their educational goals.
These scholarships are open to pupils from schools and colleges in the Yorkshire and Humber region, who are applying to a UK university for entry in September 2020
Eligible students must:
- attend school or college in the Yorkshire and Humber region
- be engaged in the UCAS application process, applying to commence their first year of university study in 2020
- have predicted grades of ABB or better at A level or equivalent
- have the drive to attend university and complete a course.
Eligible students must also meet at least two of the following conditions:
- be in receipt of, or entitled to, discretionary payments at school or college, or has a household income below £42,875
- have no experience of higher education in their immediate family (not including siblings)
- have faced significant difficulties in their personal, social or domestic life that have placed extra demands upon them.
The value of the award is £1,250 in First Year.
- A non-repayable award for students who come to York and have a Refugee immigration status.
- There is an award of a further £1,000 in addition to the York Bursary for refugee students whose household income is below £25,000.
For International students
These prestigious scholarships recognise academic excellence by offering a tuition fee discount. The scholarships are open to international students applying for full-time undergraduate taught programmes of study and are split into two categories:
- Academic Excellence Scholarships, which offer a £5,000 tuition fee discount for the first year of study. These scholarships are open to high ability students from any non-EU country.
- Country or region-specific Academic Excellence Scholarships, which offer a tuition fee discount of up to £10,000 for high ability students from a specific
Applications for 2020 will open on Friday 24 January 2020.
These are for students seeking refuge in the UK and who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree programme at the University of York. They provide:
- a full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees)
- a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs.
More information for 2020/21 will be available soon.
To be elegible for this award you must:
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a full time three year undergraduate course at York
- be from one of the specified countries given on the website.