If you are fascinated by the hidden patterns and structures in all languages, or are ready to find out what it takes to be fluent and culturally at ease in a foreign language, York is the place for you.
Studying one language
- RQ11 French and Linguistics
- RQ21 German and Linguistics
- RQ31 Italian and Linguistics
- RQ41 Spanish and Linguistics
- Q1R1 Linguistics with French
- Q1R2 Linguistics with German
- Q1R3 Linguistics with Italian
- Q1R4 Linguistics with Spanish
- VR11 History and French (with a year abroad)
- RV15 French and Philosophy (with a year abroad)
- RV25 German and Philosophy (with a year abroad)
Studying two languages
Please note that we offer Italian for ab initio study only.
Studying English Language
Studying at York
Coronavirus (COVID-19): changes to courses
The 2020/21 academic year will start in September. We aim to deliver as much face-to-face teaching as we can, supported by high quality online alternatives where we must.
Find details of the measures we're planning to protect our community.