Our degree courses are specifically designed to combine linguistics, the scientific study of language, with practical study in languages and cultures.
If you are fascinated by the hidden patterns and structures in all languages, or are ready to find out what it takes to be fluent and culturally at ease in a foreign language, York is the place for you. To find the right course for you, visit our Courses page.
Please note that we offer French only post-A Level and Italian only ab initio.
Studying two languages:
- RR12 French and German Language
- RR13 French and Italian Language
- RR14 French and Spanish Language
- RR23 German and Italian Language
- RR24 German and Spanish Language
- RR34 Italian and Spanish Language
Studying one language:
- RQ11 French and Linguistics
- RQ21 German and Linguistics
- RQ31 Italian and Linguistics
- RQ41 Spanish and Linguistics
- Q1R1 Linguistics with French
- Q1R2 Linguistics with German
- Q1R3 Linguistics with Italian
- Q1R4 Linguistics with Spanish
- VR11 History/French
- RV15 French/Philosophy
- RV25 German/Philosophy
Download a copy of the 2019 undergraduate prospectus (PDF , 24,764kb) and our Language and Linguistic Science brochure (PDF , 5,840kb) to find out more about studying at York.
If you have any questions about our undergraduate degree courses, please contact: