Undergraduate funding for UK (home) students
We offer scholarships, bursaries and other funding to help you with tuition fees and living expenses.
Opportunities for 2022/23 entry will continue to be updated, so please check this page throughout the year.
Types of funding
Scholarships and bursaries are financial awards to help towards your study and living costs. You don't need to pay them back.
- Scholarships are typically allocated based on your outstanding academic achievements or extracurricular activities.
- Bursaries are typically allocated based on personal circumstance, such as 'residual household income' - the combined income of the parent(s), guardian(s) or partner who you live with. We often assess this automatically, and will be in touch if you're eligible.
UK Government loans
You may be entitled to a tuition fee loan to help fund your studies.
Opportunities for 2022/23 entry
We'll continue to add new and returning opportunities once confirmed throughout the year.
This bursary is for students aged under 25, who come to York as care leavers or who are irreconcilably estranged from their parents.
This Bursary is a means-tested fee waiver for UK students on the first year of a Foundation Year degree (Year 0).
These scholarships are open to pupils from schools and colleges in the Yorkshire and Humber region, who are applying to any UK university (not just York) for entry in September 2022.
Created to offer support to our Black African and Caribbean heritage students from socio-economically challenged backgrounds.
Depending on your household residual income you could be eligible for our non-repayable York bursary.
The Refugee Bursary is a non-repayable award for students who come to York and have a Refugee immigration status.
Other schemes and resources
Many of our departments and centres offer additional opportunities and specialised guidance on funding your studies.
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics and Related Studies
- Department of Electronic Engineering
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of Health Sciences
- Department of History
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Hull York Medical School
- Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre
- York Law School
Opportunities from last year
We update many of our opportunities annually, so some of those listed below may soon become available again for applications.