International Regional Scholarship
Our International Regional Scholarship is here to support international undergraduate and postgraduate students to help them excel.
Our scholarships are awarded to international students to support them in achieving their goals at the University of York.
All undergraduate and postgraduate taught students holding an offer at York will be automatically considered. There is no need to formally apply for the scholarship.
Open to International (including EU) students only.
Open to students in the following departments: Centre for Applied Human Rights, Centre for Eighteenth Century Studies, Centre for Medieval Studies, Centre for Modern Studies, Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies, Centre for Women's Studies, Department of Archaeology, Department of Biology, Department of Chemistry, Department of Computer Science, Department of Economics and Related Studies, Department of Education, School of Physics, Engineering and Technology, Department of English and Related Literature, Department of Environment and Geography, Department of Health Sciences, Department of History, Department of History of Art, Department of Language and Linguistic Science, Department of Mathematics, Department of Philosophy, Department of Politics and International Relations, Department of Psychology, Department of Sociology, School of Arts and Creative Technologies, Post-war Reconstruction and Development Unit, Research Centre for Social Sciences, School of Natural Sciences, School of Philosophy, Politics and Economics, School of Social and Political Sciences, School for Business and Society and York Law School.
To be eligible for a Regional Scholarship, you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 31 August 2024
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by 31 August 2024)
- intend to study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course.
You will not be eligible if:
- you hold a 100 percent tuition fee scholarship or are fully sponsored.
Students on the following pathways are not eligible for these scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- MSc Nursing (Mental Health) and MSc Nursing (Adult)
- International Pathway College
- Distance and online learning courses
- Part-time courses
- Kaplan International College London
- GEMMA and Mundus MAPP
- Postgraduate Research courses (eg PhDs)
There is no need to formally apply for the scholarship.
All undergraduate and postgraduate students holding an offer at York will be automatically considered.
A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
Once offered a scholarship, you must:
- accept the scholarship offer formally by using the link provided within your offer email
- accept your offer of admission from York
- if applicable, pay a tuition fee deposit of £3,000 by the date specified in your scholarship offer (Postgraduate Taught ONLY). Learn more about the tuition fee deposit.
These actions must be completed by the deadline provided in your offer email. Otherwise, you will lose your scholarship, and it will be offered to a reserve candidate.
If you have been informed that you require a credibility interview, your scholarship will be conditional on the successful outcome of this interview. Should you be unsuccessful, the scholarship offer will be rescinded.
If you defer your place at the University of York you cannot keep your scholarship.
Regional scholarships may be combined with University of York departmental scholarships.
Regional scholarships may be combined with external funding as long as this does not exceed 100 per cent of your tuition fees.