Our courses for research staff are organised under the four main categories of Vitae's Researcher Development Framework.
The standards, requirements and professionalism to do research.
Workshops include Academic Integrity and Ethics, Grant Writing and Project Management.
The personal qualities and approach to be an effective researcher.
Workshops include Career Planning for Research Staff, Influence and Persuasion and Time Management.
The knowledge and skills to work with others and ensure the wider impact of research.
Workshops include Partnership Building and Public Engagement of Research.
The knowledge, intellectual abilities and techniques to do research.
Workshops include Data Protection, Research Data Management and Searching the Literature.
News and events
- Falling Walls Lab York 2017 - *closing date for applications extended until 24 March*
- Postdoc and Research Staff Conference, 23 June 2017
- York retains prestigious award for supporting researchers
Other development opportunities
- The central general staff training programme is open to research staff.
- The central coaching scheme is available to all staff.
- Research Leaders - part of our leadership and management training.
- The Academic Practice Team offer the TSLHE and YPAD courses in learning and teaching that are open to research staff.
Find out more about the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers
Research Staff Training and Support newsletters
Click here to see past newsletters for research staff