Careers and Placements, Harewood Way, University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD
During term-time we are open:
- Monday - Friday, 10am - 5pm
- Vacation opening times vary - please check the opening times page
Appointments can be booked online by current York students and York graduates
- See the website for appointment types and Handshake for appointment availability and also our Student user policy: appointments (PDF , 230kb)
- Send your comments or compliments by email to email@example.com
- Complaints should follow the procedure below
We are here to support you during and after your time at York by helping you to:
- Student Employability Strategy 2017 -2022 (PDF , 128kb)
- Careers and Placements annual report 2019 (PDF , 2,109kb)
- Student user policy: appointments (PDF , 230kb)
Careers and Placements is a part of Student and Academic Services at the University of York.
If you are unsatisfied with any aspect of Careers and Placements, and the facilities it offers, please tell us. We welcome the opportunity to rectify such situations quickly.
In situations where an informal solution cannot be reached, or if you're unsatisfied with the initial response you receive, you can make a more formal complaint.
Stage 1 (informal) - talk to a member of Careers staff and report the problem.
Stage 2 (informal) – if you wish to receive a written response, send us a written complaint, either by email or post and we will respond within three working days.
Stage 3 (formal) - if you are still not satisfied, please either respond to the reply we have sent you or write directly to the Director of Employability and Careers (at Careers and Placements, University of York).
Stage 4 (formal) - in the unlikely event that your complaint is still unresolved you can use the formal University complaints procedure.