Studying in York 

Many students require some form of academic support during their studies:

Academic supervisors

Your academic supervisor is your first point of call for academic issues

English language support

The Open Access Programme can help you improve your English skills

Study skills support

Our Study Skills Hub can help you with your academic work and IT skills

Library Services

Information on using the university library

Tuition fees

International students are expected to pay tuition fees in full at the start of each academic year.

Taking a leave of absence

If taking a leave of absence, make sure you will continue to abide by immigration rules

Transferring courses

Undergraduates and postgraduates must contact different people about transferring courses

International students in a seminar group

Who to contact

  • International Student Support
    Student Hub, Market Square
    Tel: +44 (0)1904 324140
  • Office hours
    Term time: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
    Out of term time: 10am - 4pm, Monday to Friday 
  • To make an appointment: Either ring the number above or call in to the Student Hub. Please note that appointments cannot be made by email.