Academic progress issues

An Academic progress issue is anything which gets in the way of you progressing through your degree programme in the usual way. 

This could be you have illness or personal difficulties that interfere with you undertaking one or more formal assessments (including examinations) or meeting attendance or progression requirements. This may involve you presenting evidence of  Exceptional Circumstances affecting Assessment.

Your supervisor is usually the best person for you to discuss such difficulties with as they will often need to start any processes to address progression issues, in consultation with colleagues in your department.

Please see further information for:

Students on taught programmes

Research students (PhD, DEng, MPhil, MRes)

HYMS students

A student talks to an advisor about academic progress (Image: John Houlihan)

Who to contact

For academic progress issues you should talk to your supervisor.

Alternatively, please contact:

  • Student Hub
    Student Hub, Market Square
  • Tel: 01904 324140
  • Office hours: 9am - 5pm (Monday to Friday) in Undergraduate term-time, at all other times 10am-4pm