Knowledge Applied to Nursing Practice 4 - HEA00152I
« Back to module search
- Department: Health Sciences
- Module co-ordinator: Ms. Gillian Punton
- Credit value: 30 credits
- Credit level: I
Academic year of delivery: 2020-21
Module will run
||Spring Term 2020-21 to Summer Term 2020-21
Evidence completion of EOAR requirements and demonstrate skills associated with key concepts from the Stage 2 theory modules.
Module learning outcomes
By the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate key skills for effective nursing practice and reflect on your application of this within teams.
- Understand how a range of assessment are applied to your nursing practice.
- Reflect on formulation of therapeutic interventions through effective communication.
- Reflect on your ability and responsibility regarding potential safeguarding issues.
- Reflect on your understanding of key concepts in the safe administration of medicines.
Special assessment rules
Non-reassessable & Non-compensatable
Additional assessment information
Total number of Practice hours: 324 plus 40 hours simulation.
Verbal and written evidence of achievement is provided within the student’s Electronic Ongoing Assessment Record, completed by the Practice Assessor.
Dougherty L, Lister S (2015) (9th Edition) The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures. Chichester: John Wiley &Sons
Nursing and Midwifery Council: The Code; Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates (2018) www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code