Knowledge Applied to Nursing Practice 3 - HEA00151I
« Back to module search
- Department: Health Sciences
- Module co-ordinator: Miss Sarah O'Reilly
- Credit value: 30 credits
- Credit level: I
Academic year of delivery: 2023-24
Module will run
||Autumn Term 2023-24
Evidence completion of EOAR requirements and demonstrate skills associated with key concepts from the Stage 2 theory modules.
Module learning outcomes
By the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate key skills for effective nursing practice and reflect on your application of this within teams.
- Understand how a range of assessment and effective communication strategies are applied to your nursing practice.
- Recognise the impact of pathophysiological processes on patient experience.
- Reflect on your ability and responsibility regarding potential safeguarding issues.
- Reflect on your understanding of key concepts in the safe administration of medicines.
||% of module mark
MYEPAD (e-portfolio): Practice 3
Special assessment rules
Non-reassessable & Non-compensatable
Additional assessment information
Total practice hours: 336
Verbal and written evidence of achievement is provided within the student’s Electronic Ongoing Assessment Record, completed by the Practice Assessor.
Dougherty L, Lister S (2015) (9th Edition) The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures. Chichester: John Wiley &Sons
Nursing and Midwifery Council: The Code; Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates (2018) www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code