Knowledge Applied to Nursing Practice 5 - HEA00145H
« Back to module search
- Department: Health Sciences
- Module co-ordinator: Mr. David Graham
- Credit value: 30 credits
- Credit level: H
Academic year of delivery: 2021-22
Module will run
||Autumn Term 2021-22
Evidence completion of EOAR requirements and demonstrate skills associated with key concepts from the Stage 1 and 2 theory modules.
Module learning outcomes
By the end of the module, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate key skills for effective nursing practice and reflect on the qualities of an effective leader to coordinate care.
- Understand how a range of assessments are applied to your nursing practice.
- Reflect on formulation of therapeutic interventions through effective communication.
- Reflect on your ability and responsibility regarding potential safeguarding issues.
- Reflect on your understanding of key concepts in the safe administration of medicines.
- Reflect on yourself as a learner and as an educator of others.
||% of module mark
|Coursework - extensions not feasible/practicable
Special assessment rules
Pass/fail & Non-reassessable
Additional assessment information
Total number of Practice hours: 360
Verbal and written evidence of achievement is provided within the student’s Electronic Ongoing Assessment Record, completed by the Practice Assessor.
Dougherty L, Lister S (2015) (9th Edition) The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons
Nursing and Midwifery Council: The Code; Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates (2018) www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code