Whether you’re going abroad for the first or hundredth time, the Centre for Global Programmes is here to help. We can advise on many aspects of your planning and time abroad so that you can make the most out of any opportunity.
- Considerations checklist: If you are just starting to think about what you want out of a global experience and where you might want to go, for a full year or shorter timescale, in a group or as a solo traveller, then look at our considerations checklist. It goes through lots of things you will need to consider and what to research to help you choose the right opportunity for you.
- Events: Throughout the autumn and spring terms we have information sessions and fairs, so you can discover opportunities available to you, meet other students who’ve been abroad and ask any questions about how to apply.
- Clinic Hours: Book a time to have a one-on-one discussion with one of our advisors (see the contacts box at the bottom of our Global You webpage). Or come and speak to our Global Assistants, students who have been on one of our programmes so can give you all the insider information!
- Finance and funding: Information on tuition fees, government travel grants, funding opportunities and crowdfunding, to help you plan for and manage the finances during your global opportunity.
- Pre-departure workshops: Our workshops help you plan for a successful time abroad by giving you advice on the next steps to take once you've been offered a place on a global programme. Hear from speakers on a range of topics including adapting to a different culture, staying healthy and safe, keeping your information up to date both in York and abroad and your rights and responsibilities when you're going global.
- Languages for International Mobility: Need to learn the local lingo? Our free LFIM courses can equip you with essential phrases and make you aware of cultural differences to help you immerse yourself in the life of the host country.
- Global Opportunities on Campus: Learn about the many ways you can gain an international experience without leaving York, from free academic courses and one-off seminars and conversation afternoons, to events and work experience.
- Student Support Hub: As you remain a York students throughout any global experience, you will be supported by the student support hub. They are your first point of contact for the central Student Support and Registry services.
Centre for Global Programmes
+44 (0)1904 32 3654
Click here to make a virtual appointment to speak to one of our advisors during the following appointment hours. We can usually arrange something to suit your timetable outside these hours if necessary.
Mondays and Thursdays, 2 to 4pm - email@example.com
Thursdays, 2 to 4pm - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com to make an appointment.