As soon as your place is confirmed and your status on UCAS HUB is 'unconditional firm', there are some things you will need to do.
We will send a 'joining instructions' email to your personal email account detailing what to do - please read it carefully.
Set up your account at idm.york.ac.uk using the York username and password sent to you in your joining instructions email.
Once you have set up your IT account, keep checking your University email account (Google Mail) as this is where we will send all future communications, including any module choices.
You must wait to receive your joining instructions email before you can enrol.
Log in to e:Vision, your student record, to complete the enrolment tasks. You'll need your York username and password and you must also register for the Duo two-factor authentication service before you can use e:Vision.
- Enrol (and register to vote if a UK resident)
- Upload a passport-style photo
- Upload proof of eligibility to study in the UK, such as your UK passport
- Set up direct debits for your accommodation (if you're in University accommodation) and tuition fees (if you're paying your own fees)
You need to enrol to ensure you get your student finance on time (if you've applied for it).
Using our Accommodation Hub, apply for University accommodation (or accept your offer if you've pre-booked) and pay the £200 advance payment. If you haven't yet decided where to live, find out more about campus accommodation and live chat with our friendly accommodation advisers.
If you're not living on campus, find somewhere to live. It's also advisable to insure your personal belongings (contents insurance is included in all University accommodation).
- If you're applying for student finance, make sure you apply early and return the signed confirmation. Student Finance England has produced a handy video to help you ensure you get your finance on time.
- In case your funding is delayed, make sure you have enough money to last the first few weeks of term.
- Look into opening a student bank account.
- International students - have enough money to cover you while waiting to open a UK bank account.
There are some things you need to know and do before you begin your studies with us. See what you need to do to get ready to arrive, including checking your emails and completing the online induction. Work through the modules to get off to a great start.