There are some things you need to do as soon as your place is confirmed.
We will send a 'joining instructions' email to your personal email account detailing what to do - please read it carefully.
Set up your account at idm.york.ac.uk using the York username and password sent to you in your joining instructions email.
Once you have set up your IT account, keep checking your University email account (Google Mail) as this is where we will send all future communications, including any module choices.
Log in to e:Vision, your student record, using your York username and password and complete the enrolment tasks:
- Enrol (and register to vote if a UK resident)
- Upload a passport-style photo
- Set up direct debits for your accommodation (if you're in University accommodation) and tuition fees (if you're paying your own fees)
- Using our Accommodation Hub, apply for University accommodation (or accept your offer if you've prebooked) and pay the £200 booking fee. If you haven't yet decided where to live, find out more about campus accommodation and livechat with our friendly accommodation advisers.
- If you're not living on campus, find somewhere to live. It's also advisable to insure your personal belongings (contents insurance is included in all University accommodation).
- If you're applying for student finance, make sure you apply early and return the signed confirmation. Student Finance England has produced a handy video to help you ensure you get your finance on time.
- In case your funding is delayed, make sure you have enough money to last the first few weeks of term.
- Look into opening a student bank account.
- International students - have enough money to cover you whilst waiting to open a UK bank account.