Once you've accepted an unconditional offer, there are some things you'll need to do. You will be emailed instructions (typically around six weeks before your course starts).
We will send a 'joining instructions' email to your personal email account detailing what to do - please read it carefully.
Set up your account at idm.york.ac.uk using the York username and password sent to you in your joining instructions email.
Once you have set up your IT account, keep checking your University email account (Google Mail) as this is where we will send all future communications, including any module choices.
Log in to e:Vision, your student record, using your York username and password and complete the enrolment tasks:
- Enrol (and register to vote if a UK resident).
- Upload a passport-style photo.
- Set up direct debits for your accommodation (if you're in University accommodation) and tuition fees (if you're paying your own fees).
Book your University accommodation, if you would like to live on campus.
If you're not living on campus, find somewhere to live. It's also advisable to insure your personal belongings (contents insurance is included in all University accommodation).
- Visit your department’s website for any subject-specific funding which might be available to you.
- In case your funding is delayed, make sure you have enough money to last the first few weeks of term.
- Look into opening a student bank account.
- International students: make sure you have enough money to cover you whilst waiting to open a UK bank account.
- Make a budget. Our budgeting guide may help, however please be aware that the sample budgets are given with a single student in mind. We also have specific advice for students with families with our general information about living costs.
See our pages for new international students for helpful information and advice if you're coming to us from overseas.