The student-led project 'How to Survive Your PhD (and enjoy it)' was initiated and project managed by Sarah Masefield, with a committee comprised of fellow University of York PhD students:
Guidebook feedback"Thank you and your colleagues very much for putting together your excellent guide to surviving the PhD. I found it full of the most useful and interesting information and intend to use every single hint that you have proposed!""What a great idea. We'll certainly promote to our new students, and probably our current ones as well as I think some of the ideas raised are valid to them as well."
- Maybe more such sessions as a follow up throughout the year
- The discussion part of the session was very helpful. These workshops should happen more often
- This session is very good and informative
- Sharing thoughts with other PhD students was a very opportunity for me to find how to deal with fear of PhD life
- Thanks for taking the time for put this together. It really helped to calm some of my PhD nerves :-)
- Really helpful session - it was very reassuring to know that you're not the only one with worries and anxieties
- Great idea to run this - also, just really good to talk to other people from other departments for bouncing ideas and networking
- Great session. Thank you! The presentations from more experienced PhD students are really helpful
- Very helpful, and good to know the support is there!
- Really helps the students and the tips really interesting, practical and useful
- This workshop is crucial for all PhD students! Thank you to all presenters. Being able to talk openly and honestly about your PhD experience is so important and helpful!
- It was great to meet others who are having the exact same concerns as me!
- Quality information, enjoyable sharing my experience with other students