Vice-Chancellor's scholarships 2018/19
Applications are now closed.
We're pleased to offer ten Vice-Chancellor's scholarships for exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
These prestigious scholarships aim to reward and encourage exceptionally high-achieving students by offering a tuition fee discount to those expected to achieve AAA at A-level or a First class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents).
There are ten scholarships available:
- five undergraduate scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for each year of study, up to three years
- five postgraduate taught scholarships offering a £5,000 tuition fee discount for one year of study
Eligible students must:
- be expected to achieve AAA at A Level or a 1st class undergraduate degree (or international equivalents)
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by the 30 April 2018 (you do not need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be complete by the 30 April 2018)
- be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course based on the University of York campus
- have already met the English Language requirements of their offer (by 30 April 2018)
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the Vice-Chancellor's scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance learning courses
- Applications for this scholarship are now closed
- You must apply online for this scholarship
- As part of the application, you will need to provide a personal statement of no more than 500 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
We recommend that you prepare this statement before you start your application.
You will need to tell us:
- Why you are a strong candidate for this scholarship
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future
- How you plan to pay the remaining tuition fees and living expenses
- If you defer your place at the University of York you cannot keep your scholarship but you can reapply the following year.
- Within two weeks of being offered the scholarship you must
- accept the scholarship
- make York your firm choice
- accept the scholarship
- The Vice-Chancellor's scholarships cannot be combined with the Academic Excellence scholarships.