Sharifah Sofia Albukhary Scholarship 2018/19
We're pleased to offer ten Sharifah Sofia Albukhary Scholarship for undergraduate students in need of financial support to further their education.
Applications are now closed.
This scholarship has been made possible thanks to a generous donation from the Albukhary Foundation, a charity based in Malaysia with a focus on facilitating access to world-class education.
The scholarship provides:
- up to £20,000 over three years. This amount is variable and is based on the individual student's financial need
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
- be from one of the following countries
- Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome And Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a full-time three year undergraduate course at York.
Application and selection process
- Applications for this scholarship are now closed
- You must apply online for this scholarship
- As part of the application you will need to provide
- a personal statement of no more than 500 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship
- if your UCAS reference is not sufficient, you may asked to provide an additional academic reference
- This is a competitive scholarship based on academic merit and financial need
- A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
We recommend that you prepare this statement before you start your application.
You will need to tell us:
- Why you are a strong candidate for this scholarship
- How this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future
Terms and conditions
- You must be from one of the listed countries above. Proof of nationality will be requested when a scholarship is offered.
- You must make the University of York your firm choice through UCAS, if you decide to accept an Albukhary Scholarship.
- Funds will be paid in two instalments each academic year. The amount will be agreed when the scholarship is awarded.
- Your scholarship will be renewed for each year of your course providing you satisfactorily progress through to the next year of study and you maintain your registration as a full-time student.